stdsreg message

Subject: Follow-up and Comments on ISO Metadata

Title: Follow-up and Comments on ISO Metadata

Dan,

As you may be aware, the standards metadata project is currently being balloted as an NP under JTC1/SC32.  The project title is Information Technology - Metadata for Technical Standards and Specifications Documents (JTC1/SC 32 0917).

Following my attendance at the SC32 Plenary in January, 2 open issues came up regarding this project and I was hoping to get L8's help on both of them:

1.  The committee is still looking for a Project Editor for this project.  I was asked to do this, but both from a time commitment and conflict of interest standpoint, I cannot.  I certainly would be able to informally assist the formal editor and want to stay connected to the project.  Is there somebody in L8 who would be willing to do this?

2.  The Standards Registry Committee, the ad-hoc organization that developed the standards metadata draft that was submitted for consideration to SC32, has received and compiled public comments on the draft.  Attached is the compilation of those comments.  Lisa Rajchel recommended that submitting these comments to L8 would be the most appropriate way to ensure that they are formally considered as part of the ISO development process.  Please let me know if you need any additional clarification on this.

Best regards,

Bob Hager
Director of Publishing
ANSI