tab-askthetab message

Subject: Re: [tab-askthetab] First Cut on Profiles

Jacques,

Sorry, did not mean to drop your question:

Durand, Jacques R. wrote:

<snip>

> So my question to Patrick / Robin is what kind of profile they had in
> mind ?

Oh, I quite liked your analysis of the term "profile" meaning different
things in different contexts. So I didn't intend to inveigh on behalf of
a particular definition or "type" of profile but am more interested in
the TCs in question making their understanding of the term clear.

I think that TCs could well find some background material on profiles
useful in terms of shaping how they decide to make their notions of a
profile more specific but given the diversity of OASIS TCs, I am not
sure we could do much more that that.

Having said all that, I do think there are some practices, such as
reusing namespaces inconsistently with their original definitions that I
would like to see discussed under the general rubric of "profiles."
Unless there is a better place to locate that sort of discussion.

I hope you are at the start of a great week!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net