tab-comment message

Subject: Fwd: [members] Keyword Guidelines for OASIS Specifications and Standards

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 6:10 AM
To: Jacques Durand <JDurand@us.fujitsu.com>
Cc: "Chet.Ensign@oasis-open.org" <Chet.Ensign@oasis-open.org>

Jacques

Whilst I'm sure this new document will be welcomed by members, authors and editors  alike, I do have a concern about some of the language used throughout the document.  In the Introduction, and then throughout, the focus is to "lead to interoperable applications from different vendors."  I would point out that this is not the focus of all OASIS Standards, for example see the Transformational Government Framework produced by my committee, and therefore would ask that you make the focus somewhat more general.  The keyword guidelines are appropriate to these non-technical type standards and making the guidelines more general would avoid any confusion in those TCs.

John  Borras
Chair TGF Technical Committee