tac message

Subject: OASIS TAC-TC Optional Brain Storming Session, Dec 11, 2019 10:00 AM Eastern Time

TAC-TC Members,

This is a reminder about the Brain Storming Session to be held tomorrow, Wednesday, 11 December 2019, 10:00am to 11:00am EST.

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tac/event.php?event_id=49596

Topic: Optional TAC-TC Brainstorming Meeting
Time: Dec 11, 2019 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/507832786

Meeting ID: 507 832 786

One tap mobile
+17207072699,,507832786# US (Denver)
+16465588656,,507832786# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 507 832 786
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acPJdTT5pa

This is a optional meeting that is in the busy season of the holidays. My hope is to have enough participants to have a meaningful discourse.

This meeting is a “Brain Storming Session” exactly as the title states. I’d like to hear what members think “Threat Actor Context” is in their worlds.

  • What is Threat Actor Context to you?
  • Brief collection of thoughts about the Doodle Poll results on meeting schedules.
  • What are our thoughts about the use of Open Repositories to support this TC?
  • Are there other provisions of the charter to talk about?

When using STIX to express information about a Threat Actor I quickly find that I don’t have the expressive power to share all that I know. I know that I am far from alone.

Check out this NIST Special Publication 800-30 chart:

I know that most of the members in this TC track attributes of Threat Actors that are extremely useful, yet we don’t have a standardized means to share them amongst ourselves. I strongly believe we can bring much high resolution to attributes of, and context surrounding, Threat Actors.

Hope to see you in tomorrow’s meeting,

Sincerely,

Ryan E. Hohimer

CTO

DarkLight

Mobile: (509) 430-6890

710 George Washington Way, Suite A

Richland, Washington  99352

Email:  ryan@darklight.ai

www.darklight.ai

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail so our records can be corrected.