tac message

Subject: April Working Meeting #2

Hi TAC TC:

In our working meeting earlier today Vasileios Mavroeidis went over the work he has been doing on the Industry Sector Committee Note.  He has asked that we all take a look and comment on the Google Docs version at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lRX-ORHZNdoAfSnJ4C9ooQl9o8mwCwhs3gwripCsvgg/edit

You should all have Comment access with the above link.  If you would like to edit, please reach out to Vas, Ryan or me for an edit link.

He also noted that a separate Style Guide should be developed to assist with interoperability between implementations.  Subject to further input from the TC, we will add that Style Guide as an Appendix to the Committee Note.

One comment that came in during the meeting from Tim Casey was that the Critical Infrastructure category should reference an ontology in common use.  He suggested the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.  These are as given below:

Agriculture and food
Banking and Finance
Chemical Industry and Hazardous Materials
Critical manufacturing
Defense Industrial Base
Emergency Services
Energy
Government
Information and Telecommunications
National monuments and icons
Public Health
Shipping & Post
Transportation and Shipping
Water

Vasileios emphasized the importance of having some of our CTI members (threat hunters) review and comment on the proposed ontology. Please take the time to make sure it works for you when adding context around targeting of victims.

Another decision that was made during the working call was that henceforth, we will be holding the Working Call #2 on the third Wednesday of the month, only one hour earlier. This will keep us from overlapping with the OpenC2 TC calls.  Those of us in both TCs can now attend both calls.

We look forward to all of your participation in the upcoming full TC Call next Tuesday, April 27th at 10:00 am US EDT.  I've pasted in the link below, and it is also in the Kavi calendar.

*******************************
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/492943653

You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)

United States: +1 (408) 650-3123
- One-touch: tel:+14086503123,,492943653#

Access Code: 492-943-653
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/492943653

As a reminder, we hold our first working call of each month on the first Friday (11:00 am US EDT), the second working call on the third Wednesday (10:00 am US EDT) and the full TC call on the fourth Tuesday (10:00 am US EDT). We are recording the full TC calls for those in the Pacific/Asia region or otherwise cannot make that time but that seek to maintain Voting Rights. Reach out to me for the link and password if you would like to view it.

Best regards,

Jane Ginn
Secretary, TAC TC
jg@ctin.us