tag-comment message

Subject: RE: [tag-comment] Re: [tag] coments on Section 3.7.2 "COmposition of Assertions" (V0.995)

David:

>I see a problem when a prerequisite requires testing in order to determine eligibility.
>One can then build a dependency chain of the tests: e.g., you can't apply tests derived from TA 76345 until
>you have an outcome on any of a family of tests (list them here) that will show that the prerequisite of 76345 has been satisfied.
>Some of those tests may have their own prerequisites and hence dependencies, etc.

Yes but that is precisely the behavior expected by some TA users:

- in many cases eligibility requires anyway some "testing" i.e. when the prerequisite is itself a predicate expression.

- in some of these cases, eligibility refers to another TA(s) - meaning to the outcome of the predicate of these TAs. It is more informative to "reuse" another TA in the prerequiiste Instead of just replicating the predicate expression: this indicates to test suite writers a way to avoid redundant testing.
It also indicates what is the impact of failing a TA on the outcome of other TAs (so that users can make the difference between a "naturally unqualified" target and a target that is not qualified because it failed a previous TA where it should have passed it.

Yes that introduces some partial order among TAs (dependencies) but again thats what some users need (e.g. WS-I).
You do not have to use it :-)

Jacques