tag-comment message

Subject: Comment: include a means to reverse logic of a test assertion

A comment on Test Assertions Model V1.0:

May I suggest (perhaps for a future minor version) that there be a
means in the model to indicate a reversal of the logic such that
a test assertion predicate can be expressed negatively where a
test outcome based on such a reversed test assertion is positive
when the test fails. This would allow for assertions which are
more easily stated by their negative. I suggest one way to do this
might be to extend the list of prescription levels to include negated
values (MandatoryNOT, PreferredNOT) but this does not work if
the prescription level is optional, so another means to indicate
negation of the semantics of a test assertion would be preferred.

Best regards,
----
Stephen D Green