tag-discuss message

Subject: RE: [tag-discuss] How about a workshop before launching the TC?

I agree with Jacques. Let us have a workshop after a TC is formed. I believe
we at least agree that the TC is needed.

-Cho

-----Original Message-----
From: Durand, Jacques R. [mailto:JDurand@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 9:19 AM
To: david_marston@us.ibm.com; tag-discuss@lists.oasis-open.org

David:
While the workshop idea deserves more attention, I wouldn't make it a gating
factor for starting a TC:

IMO the folks on this list cover a significant spectrum of experience and
are certainly aware of what is going on in testing and QA, especially in
relation with defining conformance to a standard.
I feel that if there is anything out there that is relevant to TA modeling
and TA representation, our group should be able to find enough about it to
start working, without going through the hassle of setting-up a workshop
(needs efforts and time!)

Now, should a workshop or the like be seen as useful, the TAG TC - once
constituted - could actually be a good structure to organize this. Could
give it more focus in the light of early work. Also clearer IPR requirements
from participants in case of expected reuse by OASIS especially if our
companies participate.

A lighter alternative to the workshop, is to have the TC invite on a regular
basis, some speaker / author (teleconf) in areas related to our objective.

But let us hear from others on this?

Regards,
Jacques