tag-discuss message

Subject: about IIC (previously Re: Test case metadata...)

SK>...the TA or TR spec should include only descriptive info, i.e.,
>it should not be much different from those already included in the IIC
>spec for TR.

<DM> Serm, you seem to think that a TC should be formed, despite the IIC
spec and what you've read in the literature. Can you provide more
justification?

<serm>
Well, the IIC spec v. 1.0 only considers ebMS spec (and messaging part
of the ebRR). ... I think there are rooms for imporvements to the
requirement spec, e.g., prerequisite/relationship b/w TRs was not
there,...

<JD> Speaking of the IIC:  being chartered to support only ebXML
specifications, IIC cannot pretend to produce deliverable for a more
general usage. Maybe the "test framework 1.1"
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=9888&wg_ab
brev=ebxml-iic or at least "Test Requirements" in Section 6, is good for
a general usage, but we do not know yet before a new team figure it out
! I wouldn't bet on it as it has been designed with mostly a messaging
protocol spec in mind - ebXML Messaging. My guess is that a fresh look
is needed here, with broader requirements in mind.

Also, with its new IPR policy, the trend in OASIS is to have TC charters
really cut to a precise scope of work (as opposed to wide open) because
members are tied to the TC IPR for whatever the TC produces. A company
may want to sign=up for a TA guide and nothing else that IIC is doing
that could conflict with their products & IP...

-Jacques