tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] tag meeting minutes 2007-05-17

Aren't standards wonderful? Is it really the case that the spec exists in a form that can only be read on Windows, and moreover, only on particular versions of Windows. (According to the download page, the supported OS's are Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP with the latest service packs.)

I run Windows 2000 (and, of course, many people don't run Windows at all). So - I can't read this.

 Does the spec exist in a more portable format?

Thanks...

Vladimir Sosnin wrote:
Sorry for inconvenience and propagandizing MS product. It's  a really
good example of specification containing compatibility assertions.

Vladimir

Vladimir Sosnin wrote:

On Windows you can use XPS viewer [1] for file XPS_1_0.xps in folder
where you extracted archive.

Vladimir

1 -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B8DCFFDD-E3A5-44CC-8021-7649FD37FFEE&displaylang=en

Patrick Curran wrote:

Serm Kulvatunyou wrote:

VS: MSFT XPS specification is an example -
_http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/downloads.mspx_. Entity under
tests are for example classes, parameters in java, complexType,
simpleType in XML.

I downloaded and extracted what I thought was the XPS spec. I ended up
with a binary file (XPS_1_0.xps) that I don't know how to open (there
are also a bunch of schema files). Is this the spec? How am I supposed
to read it?

Thanks...