tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Meeting schedules: some PROPOSAL

OK, so looking at the current availability charts, let us try to get some reaction from those silent on their availability:

It appears that Wednesdays might be better for both schedules.

(S-A) (would replace current 7am Thursday call)
Wednesday: 5pm GMT (8pm StPetersb, [2am Beijing, 3am Seoul], 10am California, 1pm EastCoast, 5pm UK)
(really bad for: Seoul, Beijing)

(S-B) (new alternate call)
Wednesday: 4am GMT (7am StPetersb, 1pm Beijing, 2pm Seoul, 9pm California, [midnight EastCoast, 4am UK,] )
(really bad for: EastCoast, UK)

Comments?
Note: an additional requirement is that both chairs can make both scehdules, in case one needs replacement.

Jacques

From: Patrick.Curran@Sun.COM [mailto:Patrick.Curran@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:57 PM
To: Durand, Jacques R.
Cc: tag@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [tag] Meeting schedules

Well... As I explained in the Conference Call Availability page on the Wiki, 7:00 am Pacific time on Thursdays probably will not work for me in the future.

However, since tomorrow is OK and since I'll be out for the next few weeks, I don't suggest changing this now.

As for the alternate week's schedule, it's difficult for me to respond without a more specific suggestion. I've indicated my availability - 9:00 pm Pacific time (5:00 am GMT) works for me (except for Friday) but 6:00 pm (3:00 am) does not.

In general, as I've already said, I'm amenable to an alternating schedule.

I really don't think we're going to be able to work this out unless everyone indicates their availability in writing. We have a Wiki page where we can do this (see the reference above, but so far only three of us have entered our data. I encourage the others to do so.

Durand, Jacques R. wrote:

COnsidering the option where :

- we use alternate  1h meeting schedules:
week 1: schedule A
week 2: schedule B
week 3: schedule A
etc.
- and we accept the fact that not everyone will be able to make it at every meeting, but that everyone will like at least one schedule (A or B).

We could consider:

- schedule A is for accommodating everyone except Asia (could remain 2pmGMT as current Thu,
or be 4pm or 5pm GMT.)
- schedule B is good for Asia (office hours) and for accommodating everyone except UK and East coast (5amGMT) or everyone except UK and Russia (3amGMT)

Would that be acceptable, knowing that all major decisions would be taken by electronic ballot?
(conference calls would be used mostly to (a) make progress toward consensus on some tech topic, (b) bring up new issues and initiate some discussion, (c) discuss logistics and administrative aspects.)

-Jacques