tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Summary of relationship/dependencies: wiki <=> TC page

Durand, Jacques R. wrote:
Trying to summarize the delicate balance between the combined use of :
- wiki
- kavi TC page:

1. Discussion threads:

- OK to start some on email list, but the valuable ones should end-up in Wiki. (Job of wiki master)
- preference to start threads on wiki, under "Discussion"  (more readable than emails, can be updated/edited, better indexing)

Question: where under Discussion? it looks like any of 3 subsections (Challenges / UseCases / AIs) could host discussion threads. That would be OK with me.
It's the nature of a Wiki to be fluid. I suggest starting with Questions/challenges/concerns and we'll take it from there.
2. Issue List:

- Issues will be described in wiki, but will be "indexed" by the Action Items list from the kavi TC page, and the summary of their status be managed in kavi TC page.
- Owners of issues will look first on kavi TC page to see status of assignments, will be changed there.
The kavi AI manager currently doesn't allow the insertion of HTML, so it's not possible to create "live links" to the Wiki. Of course, the text of the Wiki URL can be entered, as you've done with your test AI, but that's not so convenient. I'll check with Mary whether this is a feature that can be enabled.

Question: shouldn't we rename Action items --> Issues, as these are the subset of AIs that we want to keep on wiki , whereas the OASIS TC page Action Item list is the master reference for all AIs and their status?
Agreed. Done.
3. Minutes:

- minutes draft done on wiki, editable by everyone. Then after a few days or so (three business days?) , archived on TC page for the official record.
Sounds good.

Question: But stays on wiki too for convenience?

I don't think so. There's too much risk of divergence. I think it's safer to delete from the Wiki (we can still link to their locations in the document archive, so this retains the convenience - it will just make them "read-only").
4. Documents:

- Documents for TC input must all be uploaded under "Contributions"  folder, on kavi TC page. Everyone has the rights.
- wiki only refers (link) to these locations.
- but its OK to pick some doc extracts and paste them in wiki discussion threads (add ref to source doc)
Sounds good. We may need to create some additional categories of documents (other folders) but that can wait until later.

5. Meeting Announces:

- Lynne suggested we post these on wiki too (must also be on kavi TC page)
- so for convenience, chair also post on wiki the meeting announces and general schedules.

Question: that should be displayed in wiki along with individual constraints / availability charts (same location ideally, e.g. a new section)
Let's see how it looks in kavi. There may be no need to duplicate the information in the Wiki - we might be able to simply point to the kavi data.