tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Extended TA model suggestion with cardinalities

On 22/09/2007, stephen.green@systml.co.uk <stephen.green@systml.co.uk> wrote:
> Extended TA model suggestion with cardinalities (? where more debatable):
>
> 1..1   Test Assertions List or Group
> <further data here perhaps related to list/group>
> 0..n   Test Assertion
> 1..1   Test Assertion ID: <ID>
> 0..n   Specification requirement
> 0..1   Specification requirement Cross Reference: <Link>
> 0..1   Specification requirement quote: <Text>

Last 3 are likely to be alternates?

> 0..?   Item under test: <Text>
> 0..1   Assertion Description: <Text>

Assume this is non normative comment by the test designer?

> 0..1   Comment: <Text>
> 0..1   Test Assertion Pass Criteria: <Text>
> 0..n   Test
> 0..1   Test ID: <ID>

What difference do you see between test and TA?
IMHO TA is a posh word for a test?

> 0..?   Previous Test Cross Reference: <Link>

Redundant IMHO. For sanity keep the test flow out of the test.

> 0..n   Pre-condition
> 0..1   Pre-condition ID: <ID>

Redundant? I'm guessing this is some variant of a Test ID?

> 0..n   Pre-condition Description: <Text>
> 0..n   Pre-condition Cross Reference: <Link>

Whats the relationship between this and pre-condition ID?

> 0..n   Test Trigger
> 0..1   Test Trigger ID: <ID>

I can see no use for this? It's internal to the test?

> 0..1   Test Trigger Description: <Text>
> 0..1   Test Trigger Cross Reference: <Link>

To what?

> 1..n   Test Effect
> 0..1   Test Effect ID: <ID>
> 0..1   Test Effect Description: <Text>
> 0..1   Test Effect Cross Reference: <Link>

I don't know what a test effect is?
  Possible alternatives: Test result, Test Post-condition, ....something else?

> 0..n   Post-condition
> 0..1   Post-condition ID: <ID>
> 0..1   Post-condition Description: <Text>
> 0..1   Post-condition Cross Reference: <Link>
> 0..?   Following Test Cross Reference: <Link>

Redundant IMHO.

regards

--
Dave Pawson