tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Notes from 11/7 meeting - Anatomy Version 06

Also, there are two notions in TA anatomy discussions that I suggest we
keep distinct:
- the base TA model
- convenience aspects

Saying that the "IUT (or subject) is part of the TA" (like all
discussions about what parts should be found in a TA) is a modeling
decision. But when writing concrete TA instances, it does not mean that
every single TA must always describe all these parts, e.g. describe the
IUT.

Besides the TA model, the TA guideline doc could talk about convenience
features that will ease the concrete representation of TAs. For example,
in order to avoid having to repeat many times the description of the
same part across many TAs, there could be something like a "global"
section that describes what is common to several TAs (we have talked
about this). E.g. all TAs about specification requirements for an API,
could share the same IUT e.g. the API implementation. Or, a global
section might contain "rules" for figuring out what the TA part is for
each TA, e.g. "For all TAs related to this API, the IUT is the smallest
object class implementation that contains the API function exercised in
the TA."
I'd propose that we keep such convenience features outside any basic
discussions on the TA model: they may be introduced after as "variants"
that do not really conflict with the model.

Jacques