tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Proof of Concept Example of Representation

Of course, with RDF, as well as catering for a splitting
of the predicate into property name and property value
(target A 'has a property called B with a value C') it
also provides for the splitting of the predicate into a
verb and object (more like our view of a predicate) so

  rdf:subject = TA Target
  rdf:predicate = verb of what we'd call the predicate
  rdf:object = object noun(s) of what we'd call the predicate

This might be more practical for some types of TA predicates.
It seems a bit arbitrary, then, how the predicate is split.
So it seems that rdf:predicate has a coded value or name and
rdf:object typically has a literal value; rdf:object is more
variable while rdf:predicate is more likely to be a fixed
value defined in a list somewhere. In my example the rdf:pre-
dicate is itself a name-value pair with 'Property' as the
general name and with values 'Contains' and 'SchemaValid'
which are limited vocabulary coded values, well-defined
somewhere. So 'Property' could be a name defined for TAs in
general while 'Contains' and 'SchemaValid' would be more
specific to the subject of the specification or implementation
and it might be best left to TA writers to list and define these.
'Contains', however might be considered so generic as to warrant
being defined for TAs as a whole, along with a few other terms
like it.

Quoting stephen.green@systml.co.uk: