tag message

Subject: Any suggestions for clarifications, etc for the following?

I wonder if I might ask some suggestions on the following guidelines sections

1.
Would there be any objection if I reworded the glossary entry on
Conformance from
"Adherence of an implementation to requirements in specification with
possible variations or refinements expressed in a separate clause
(conformance clause)."
"Conformance is when an implementation adheres to requirements in a
specification (with possible variations or refinements expressed in a
separate clause or 'conformance clause')."

2.
Would there be any objection if I reworded the glossary entry on
Implementation from
"A product, document, process, or service that is the realization of
normative statements of a specification."
"A product, document, process, or service that is the realization of a
specification or part of a specification."

3.
Can we improve on the glossary entry for Predicate which presently reads
"In general a predicate asserts, in the form of an expression, the
feature (a behavior or a property) described in the referred
specification statement(s). If the predicate is an expression which
evaluates to ?true? over the test assertion target, this means that
the target exhibits the feature. ?False? means the target does not
exhibit the feature."
Maybe an example could be added to 2.1 and "(see example in Section 2.1")
added to the glossary entry.

4.
Can we improve on the glossary entry for TA Id which presently reads
"This globally unique identifier facilitates tools development and the
mapping of assertions to specification statements."
This doesn't actually say what a TA Id is, only what it does.

5.
Can we improve on the glossary entry for TA Target which presently reads
"Implementation or part of an implementation that can be the object of
a test assertion or test case. (See also Section 2.1.)"
Do we have to include 'implemenation' here?

6.
How about, for Appendix A and B (References and Prior Art) I start by
including just those references in the same respective sections on the
wiki?

7.
Suggestion for an Appendix C: How about a full worked example as
follows:

   a) mock-up specification portion of widget including diagrams
   b) TAs for the above including TAs derived from diagram
   c) arrows from parts of spec to corresponding parts of TAs

Best regards and grateful for any suggestions, etc

Steve

--
Stephen D. Green

Partner