tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Proposed agenda F2F meeting, July 28-29, 2008

Hi Jacques,
The f2f meeting this upcoming Monday and Tuesday (7/28 and 29) will take place at the Director's Mansion on Sun's Santa Clara campus - this is the same building where we had the first f2f meeting a year ago.

I will need to register any non-Sun visitors.  Jacques, could you please send me a list of who will be attending?

Location: Director's Mansion, 4070 George Sellon Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Attached is a PDF file with directions.  If anyone has any trouble with the directions, please do not hesitate to call me at 408-230-5425.

Thanks,
Paul

Durand, Jacques R. wrote:
0D4373E9E1236F42AB63FD6B5B306AA36BE2C1@SV-EXCHANGE.fjcs.net" type="cite">
Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC F2F meeting, July 28-29, 2008
NOTE: references to Guideline sections are based on V0.97 of July 6th.

Day 1: Monday 28th, AM:
1. Kick-off (15mn):
- Review of the agenda and proposed updates.
- F2F logistics.
2. General review of the Guideline doc
(general aspects: flow / structure / audience). (1h)
- status from the Editor
- target audience, accommodating non-software readers.
- the self-sufficient Section 1+2 basics ( Section 3 for advanced)
- overall size of document and of each section.
- references to a future "adjunct" document ?
3. Editorial review of Sections 1 and 2. (1h30)
- review every editorial comment received on these sections.
- approval of proposed editorial updates.

Day 1: Monday 28th, PM:

4. Definitions and Glossary
- review glossary and definitions.
- specific issues: testability, test case vs test metadata...
5. Content Review : Variables. (section 3.8)
- examples, what roles and value for vars.
- scope: cross TAs?
6. Content Review : Various Normative sources (section 3.4)
7. Content Review : Multiple Specifications (section 3.5)
- three categories in 3.5.2
8. Content Review : Test Assertions Grouping (section 3.6)
- should target categories be under grouping?
- the group header model and role
- references TA-group and vice-versa.
9. Content Review : Specification Versions. (3.7)

Day 2: Tuesday 29th, AM:
10. Follow-up on prior day unfinished business for Issues. (1h)
(either old or newly filed issues), plus if time allows:
- Best practices
- review of examples.
- new draft structure of Section 3.
11. Remaining content issues. (1h)
- testability and weak predicates
- others?
12. Review of References: both inline refs, and prior art / further reading (1h)
- candidate inline refs.
- Finalize references of related work:
o W3C QA framework
o the Schematron model
o UniSoft
o ADL
o the Voting standard group: "implementation statements".
o other?

Day 2: Tuesday 29th, PM:
13. the XML mark-up. (2h)
- objectives to achieve (what tooling is expected to handle the mark-up)
- review of current proposal(s).
- review of WS-I case study, demo.
- the case for TA executability, if XPath is used. Impact on mark-up.
- comparison with existing TA XPath engines (Schematron).
14. Next steps
- timeline (Guideline, mark-up).
- advertising the Guideline to other communities / SDOs.

sjc_dirmap.pdf