tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Groups - TAML Draft Schema (testAssertionMarkupLanguage-0-5.xsd) uploaded

Problem I'm wary of with @mode attribute - it puts a
lot of weight on the value held in the attribute which
means a list of enumerations being attached to the
attribute and enumerations are a long way from ideal in
a schema (difficult to extend the list, easy to lose the
values if they are held outside the schema in another
document). Plus there is not much can be done with an
attribute (an attribute cannot have its own attributes).
When you think how important the content of whatever
construct will be to the logic of a whole test assertion
set, I would think the structure needs to be very well
able to support the logic. To me this means using
elements rather than attributes and enumerations and
ensuring it is all there in the schema rather than just
hidden away as annotations or enumerations held in
a separate document.
---
Stephen D Green