tag message

Subject: Referencing external test assertions

Re: Referencing external test assertions

Questions:

Given that I have a set of TAs in an upper level TA Set
in an instance file/document, how would I apply a set
of prerequisites to these TAs as a whole or individually
using the Test Assertion Markup Language? Is there
any special construct or best practice I would need to
clarify unambiguously that the TAs (referenced by their
IDs and the TA Set IDs e.g. 'TASet1.TASet2.ta0001')
are to be found in a certain file? Do we need some kind
of construct in the referring instance like an 'include' or
'import' statement/element? How is this done in other
TA methodologies/languages? Would it be something
new/untested for TAML if we added it? Could tools handle
such a construct properly? What issues might there be?

Best regards
---
Stephen D Green