tag message

Subject: Components to specify in 'TAML' Spec

I count 11 main components and 8 smaller ones to concentrate on specifying
in the markup spec. Does this sound about right?

# test assertion

# test assertion set

# test assertion document header / common     (new component proposed
for usability)

# shared

# composite   (proposed but still not agreed as part of 'shared')

# override       (proposed but still not agreed as part of 'shared')

# test assertion reference

# test assertion resource    (part of test assertion reference)

# test assertion id ref         (part of test assertion reference)

# test assertion set id ref    (part of test assertion reference)

# normative source

   - Those are the larger, more complex components

Then there are the sub components shared by 'test assertions' and
'test assertion sets':

  # target
  # prerequisite
  # predicate
  # prescription
  # tag
  # variable (var)

and a couple of proposed minor components (proposed for convenience
and usability)
which are also shared so may need to have their own short sections:

  # comment
  # interpretation (could be called 'description')

I figured each of the above could justify a separate section in the spec with
its structure represented using the convention mentioned in previous emails.

I would propose that other structures such as parts of normative source, new
usability sub component of test assertion - 'report' - and parts of 'common',
along with attributes such as @id on test assertion, metadata attributes like
@lg for language, and other attributes like @name, that all these could be
treated within the above main sections where they appear in a parent
structure.

So this amounts to around 20 sections with their structures to
describe, including
the structure, the syntax (like attribute values, element and
attribute names, etc)
the semantics (and references back to the guidelines perhaps) and the usages
like how to use target, etc, test assertions sets, shared components,
variables, etc.

---
Stephen D Green