tag message

Subject: Some comments on the markup 0.9.4

Target element:
- should we be more specific than:

" The 'target' element has a 'type' attribute which should be used to specify the target category,...

Because it is not clear how the @type would be used along with the content of the target element itself (how would they differ).

We could say something like:
"A target can either be a specific item or a category of items. In both cases the target element is intended to identify the item(s) that are targeted by the test assertion (i.e. under test) . This set can be defined abstractly by a category name. It may also be defined by an expression (a selection, a query...) or by an enumeration. In case the items under test are defined by an expression, it is still possible to indicate an abstract category name using the @type attribute."

Prerequisite element:

Can we use a more direct wording to express optionality than:
"The prerequisite element shall be optional in a test assertion..."

Interpretation element:

Should we be more specific about its semantics:

"This element should be used when the expression of the Predicate does not map in an obvious way to the normativeSource element. E.g. when the normative Source  is of non-textual nature, or contains multiple references scattered in the specification without clear connection, or more generally when its interpretation as a logical expression is not obvious. In such case, the Interpretation element is clarifying and summarizing the actual normative statement, as actually addressed in thePredicate."

Test assertion Set:
- should we more explciitly describe how we support the following Use Case:
- a set of TAs is listed under TA-set-123.
- a new set of TAs is just selecting all the TAs from TA-set-123 that have a NormativeProperty tag with the value "medium-sized" .

Regards,
Jacques