tag message

Subject: General comments on the new split

Test Assertions Guidelines: (1.0.8.7)

- appears to me as almost ready to go.

- need to refer explicitly to the new "TA Model" spec, both in the Intro and in the (dummy) Conformance section.

- we might consider reformatting Appendix B so that instead of just repeating the TAs from main body, it formats them using the mark-up.

Test Assertions Model: (0.2)

- probably the one that needs more work:

- it appears to me that anything that is defined currently in the TA mark-up and that  actually can describe the TA model itself independently from XML representation, should now be in this doc.
(I.e. we currently have some semantic explanation in the mark-up that actually apply to the model itself, regardless of its representation.)

- Fig 1 ("roles of TA in 2 examples of workflow") has its place in the Guidelines but probably not in this more formal reference doc?

- The general diagram in Appendix A could be split into several diags that represent logical clusters, e.g. "testAssertion_set",
 "shared", "normativeSource_type". Would solve the editorial display issue too...

- The Glossary could be merged into the definitions in 3.1 / 3.2 to make a more formal description (the definitions split in the Guidelines makes sense because we wanted just "intuitive" defs at beginning, and a more complete Glossary at the end. But in a ref model as here, split not justified).

- Seection 2: could be renamed like "Definitions and Rationale", then we start right away with 2.2 content, then at the end we blend-in 2.1 alleviated content , explaining the benefits.

- Section 3 could be just: "Test Assertion"
then 3.1 "Test Assertion Structure and Elements", starting with the diagram, then would list the detail of each element along the format of the current mark-up doc (except no XML...)
then 3.2 "Semantics" would be current section 4.

- Section 4 could be "Test Assertion Set", then go into details of the TA set model (along format used in the mark-up doc)

Test Assertions Mark-up: (0.9.7)

- Overall content-complete, but now in need to undergo a "semantic reduction" by migrating most semantic definitions and bits that are not proper to the markup itself , back into the TA model. Needs then to refer to the new TA model. A bit of redundancy with TA model is probably acceptable though.

-jacques