tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Re: Namespace issue

As well as I can tell, the statement in the template is a specimen, not a
requirement.

It also does not require a new namespace on a committee draft.  I assure you
that is not the case.

It does require a new namespace document, but that is different.  The same
namespace can be used.  Unless it isn't :).  The only difference in the new
namespace document is that it needs to refer to a different committee draft,
committee specification, or OASIS Standard as the latest definitive source.
The namespace URI might never change.

Good catch regarding the change to include /ns/.  However, I don't think you
are constrained in any way on what happens after ns/tag/taml/ and you are
certainly free to use a full date as you might prefer (e.g., 20100106 or
2010-01-06 or whatever we want to use as the placeholder for that namespace
until such time as it might be revised at some future time.  You could even
use a version number.

There is more than could be usefully placed in the Namespace Document beyond
what is illustrated in the template.  Unfortunately, I see the template
being used without any further decoration beyond customization of what is
already there.  Not a big worry at this point.  I just wanted to ease your
concerns about the conditions under which a namespace has to be revised (as
opposed to the namespace document, which always goes with a specific
draft/edition of a specification).

 - Dennis