tag message

Subject: RE: [tag] Proposed Conf Clause rewording for the TA markup:

 1. I favor the proposed text.  I did notice that the first sentence is
peculiar in that it ascribes agency to implementations.  How about

Conforming instances of test assertions and conforming instances of test
assertion sets are conforming implementations of this specification.

It might work better if it follows the current second and third paragraphs.

 2. I think referencing the Declared XML Namespace(s) link may end up being
circular.  I would refer to the "the schema accompanying this specification
(section 3)." At the top of Section 3, ahead of the schema, I would put a
paragraph that makes a normative citation to [taml-schema], which is
provided a full citation in the normative references.  I would then have the
explanation that the text shown in the referenced schema is the
authoritative one and the version in Section 3 is informative.

I think this works better than referencing the front matter and in finding
the schema indirectly through the Namespace Document.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacques R. Durand [mailto:JDurand@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 16:57
To: tag@lists.oasis-open.org

Based on today's discussion:
Proposed Conf Clause rewording for the TA markup spec:

NOTE: Make sure to send any comment  on this before Thursday noon US PT time
- the latest text to appear by this Thu noon PT is what Stephen will pick up
for update early Friday morning (US time)...IF there is no objection raised
on the mailing list in-between.

[ ... ]

PROPOSED TEXT:

Implementations of this specification that may claim conformance according
to this conformance clause are: (1) instances of test assertion, (2)
instances of test assertion set.

A conforming test assertion instance shall fulfill all mandatory normative
statements in Sections 2.3 (test assertions) and 2.6 (reserved tag names) of
this specification, and be valid according to the schema accompanying this
specification with the namespace as defined under 'Declared XML
Namespace(s)' in the heading area of this specification.

A conforming test assertion set instance shall fulfill all mandatory
normative statements in Sections 2.4 (test assertions set) 2.5 (test
assertion references) and 2.6 (reserved tag names) of this specification, be
valid according to the schema accompanying this specification with the
namespace as defined under 'Declared XML Namespace(s)' in the heading area
of this specification, and contain only conforming test assertions
instances.

This schema is copied in-line in section 3 but in the case of any
discrepancies between the in-line copy and the schema accompanying this
specification it is the separate schema which shall be used as the
authoritative definition of the validating schema.

-jacques