tag message

Subject: TAG TC 2010-05-25 Meeting Minutes

Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting

Logistics:
----------

Tuesday 2pm (PDT), 21:00Z, 25 May 2010

Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806
Passcode: 9589308

Attendance and Quorum
---------------------

MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

5/5 Voting Members attending: 3/5 requirement for quorum was satisfied

 * Jacques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu)
 * Dennis Hamilton, Secretary (Individual)
 * Frederick Boland (NIST)
 * Kevin Looney (Oracle)
 * Paul Rank (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (5)]

MEMBERS ABSENT

   Dale Moberg (Axway Software)
   Youngkon Li (Individual)
   Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea)
   Patrick Curran (Oracle) Leave of Absence
   Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle)
   Victor Rudometov, (Oracle)
   Hyunbo Cho (Pohang University of Science & Technology)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (0)]

APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201005/msg00016.html>
  The 2010-05-11 updated minutes were approved without objection

APPROVAL OF AGENDA
  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201005/msg00015.html>
  The agenda was taken up without discussion

ACTION ITEMS

  AI1-May25: [All] Review the direction taken in TA Model CD01-rev02 in
preparation for approving the updated conformance section and the approach
to providing semantics in the TA Model on the next call (tbd after June 8).

  AI2-May25: [Jacques] will upload a more-complete version of TAML showing
the RelaxNG usage.

  AI3-May25: [Jacques] upload an update of the TA Model draft

  AI4-May25: [All] Look over Normative Source and RefSourceItems,
TextSourceItems, DerivedSourceItems for Section 3, how semantics are placed,
and how the changes are working before Jacques continues in a week.

  AI5-May25: [Jacques] Determine workable call time and date for the first
call in June.

  AI1-May11: [Jacques] check with Patrick Curran about when his leave
ends

  AI2-May11: *Done* [Jacques] create a standing "TAG Promotion" item in the
agenda

  AI1-Apr27: [Dennis] to investigate "Compact" RelaxNG for our Markup
syntax.  [Jacques finds this tutorial:
http://www.relaxng.org/compact-tutorial-20030326.html]
  [Dennis since found a compact form used in a W3C specification, adding it
to TAG-4, http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201005/msg00014.html]

  AI2-Apr27: *Done* [Jacques] to check the JIRA page, possible
re-configuration,
add Dennis as authorized user.

  AI1-Mar30: [Jacques] follow-up with Dave P. on his comments, to make sure
we address them correctly.

  AI3-Mar30: [Jacques] Contact W3C test team to remind them of PR, calling
for comments.

  AI4-Mar30: [Kevin] Contact Oracle internally to confirm they know about
the PR (folks who contacted him)

  AI5-Mar30: [Dennis] Investigate RDF possible representation for the TA
Model. (ontologies / OWL?)

 1. REVIEW OF DRAFT CHANGES (posted Monday)
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201005/msg00017.html>
TA Model CD01-rev02-changes

  Dennis observed that we will need to show changes cumulatively from the
CD01 that is Public Reviewed to the change record of the CD02 prepared for
the next Public Review.  Currently, we the previous draft's changes are only
shown as accepted in subsequent drafts (though the accepted form is
high-lighted).

    We discussed the JIRA issues and how the update addresses them.
    We walked through TAG-1 (Lack of TAML semantics) and TAG-6 (better
conformance clauses) as reflected in the second revision draft of TA Model
CD01.  This is to be reviewed further for approval on the next call.
    We walked through section 3.1 and how no normative language is used in
the terminology definitions any longer.
    We walked through section 3.2 and the rest of section 3, but not section
4.
    There are technical issues around Normative Source and details of the
RefSourceItems, TextSourceItems, and DerivedSourceItems.  There may be more
around other associations also.
    We then moved through TAG-2, TAG-3, and TAG-4.

In discussing the TA Markup Language (TAML), we realized that the latest
drafts that Jacques prepared don't seem to have been uploaded.  We talked a
little bit about what is covered in the update.

 2. JIRA ISSUE TRACKER

Jacque has added Dennis as an editor and it was confirmed that Dennis is now
able to edit existing JIRA issues.

Jacques has defined components and we need to identify prospective versions
that resolutions of issues are proposed to be applied to, not just versions
that an issue is seen in.

 3. PROSPECTIVE TA MODEL IMPLEMENTERS

Jacques thinks NIST may be a third, along with what is being done in SCA and
WS-I.  Jacques sees the TA Model being used but adoption of the TA Markup
Language may follow more slowly.

 4. FUTURE MEETINGS

Dennis will be unavailable on June 8.  There was discussion of other times
and days later in that week that might work.  We also need to look at times
that are more convenient for call-in by our members in Asia.  At the moment,
we only have call participants in North America.

Respectfully submitted,

 - Dennis E. Hamilton