tag message

Subject: TAG TC 2010-11-30 Meeting Minutes

Test Assertions Guidelines (TAG) TC Teleconference Meeting

Logistics:
----------

Tuesday 2pm (PDT), 22:00Z, 30 November 2010

Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806
Passcode: 9589308

Attendance and Quorum
---------------------

MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

5/5 Voting Members attending: 3/5 requirement for quorum was satisfied

 * Jacques Durand, Chair (Fujitsu)
 * Dennis Hamilton, Secretary (Individual)
 * Frederick Boland (NIST)
 * Kevin Looney (Oracle)
 * Paul Rank (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (5)
  +: Becomes voting member following this teleconference meeting (0)]

MEMBERS ABSENT

   Dale Moberg (Axway Software)
   Hyunbo Cho (Individual)
   Youngkon Lee (Individual)
   Kyoung_Rog Yi (National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Korea)
 = Patrick Curran (Oracle)
   Dmitry Kostovarov, (Oracle)
   Victor Rudometov, (Oracle)

 [*: Voting member at start and conclusion of the meeting (0)
  -: Becomes non-Voting member at conclusion of the meeting (0)
  =: Persistent non-Voting Member at start and conclusion of meeting (1)]

1. ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS

1.1 APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
  < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201011/msg00002.html>
  The 2010-11-09 Minutes were approved without objection
  [Note: The 2010-10-26 Minutes have still not been approved:
   < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201010/msg00007.html>]

1.2 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
  <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tag/201011/msg00008.html>
  The agenda was followed.

1.3 ACTION ITEMS AND JIRA ISSUES
   There are no new or unapplied issues.
   We have not review Action Items in a few meetings.  It appears that we
could have closed some more.

* AI1-Aug17: [Jacques/Dennis] Create an account of the disposition of Public
Review comments in an appropriate form.

* AI1-June23: [Kevin] Review the guidelines to see if there is a need for
more alignment now that the model document has been refined.

* AI3-June23: [Jacques] Note that the UML diagram must change on test set to
align with the change in language.

* AI4-June23 [Jacques] Update the XML Schema for the Markup to reflect the
changes being made.

* AI2-June9: [Jacques] Create an issue on the Normative Source Structure and
how we propose to simplify it.

 2. NEXT STEPS FOR THE TAG SPECIFICATIONS

Jacques acknowledged the milestone achieved and the contributions that went
into it, with special recognition of Stephen Green, the editor for the
document up to the first Public Review of the set.

We discussed statements of use and how they might come about.
 a. For the model, there was discussion of NIST use, SCA Test Assertions,
TAMLizer XPATH Extension use in UBL, and WS-I use of the model with
different markup.  It is necessary to find organizational members who can
provide the statement of use, rather than TCs as a body.
 b. TAML.  TAMLizer is one successful use case, and users of it as well as
the producer could provide statements of use.  It is not clear whether the
WS-I use, with their own namespaces, would qualify at this level.
   It seemed appropriate to first look into securing adoption and solid
statements of use, with forward for consideration as OASIS Standards for the
model and the markup in mid-2011.

  3. DEFERRED COMMENTS

We discussed TAG-9, the comment about the absence of a formal specification
for assertion predicates.  Jacques pointed out that although TAML doesn't
define one, and for good reason, the lg Language attribute is provided
specifically for identification of formal notations.

  4. NEXT MEETING
There will be no December meetings.

The next call will be on January 11, 2011.

 - Dennis E. Hamilton