tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] I need the TC to remediate some problems with the CSD and CND requests

Dennis & members of the TAG TC,

Apologies for the confusion. Here is the background on the situation
and a suggestion for going forward.

Dennis, you are correct in nothing problems with the submissions. All
3 documents were originally started as Committee Specifications.
During one of the rounds of preparation for public review, the motion
changed Test Assertions Guidelines from Committee Specification Draft
to Committee Note Draft. This posed a problem because the TC Process
does not allow for documents to change shape in mid-stream. It should
have been restarted as a Committee Note Draft.

Because of the long delays with TC Admin requests at the time, I
simply moved all three forward to public review as Committee
Specifications. I dropped the ball on getting with Jacques to discuss
how to restart Guidelines as a Committee Note Draft.

I suggest the best way to move forward is to:

- Modify the ballot motion to approve the two Committee Spec Drafts as
Committee Specifications.
- Hold a different ballot (either electronic or as a motion in a
meeting) to approve Guidelines as a Committee Note Draft and to submit
it for 15-day public review.

I will get the public review launched as soon as I have a request.
After the public review, assuming no comments that require changes,
the TC can move to approve Guidelines as a Committee Note and we'll
publish that way.

My apologies for not getting this sorted out sooner and causing you
all delay. Please let me know if you want to discuss this further.

/chet