tag message

Subject: About ISO submission - Explanatory Report

On the last call, submission to ISO was discussed.

At the time, I could not remember participating in one.  I overlooked the submission of ODF 1.1 which did happen during my tenure o the ODF TC.  That was submitted as an update against an existing ISO/IEC JTC1 specification, but the submission process was the same.

The submission of ODF 1.2 is now being developed.

For ISO/IEC JTC1, an "Explanatory Report" is required to go with the submission.  There is a specific form.  The ODF TC is now reviewing a working-draft of an Explanatory Report for the ODF 1.2 submission.  It is available at <https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48783&wg_abbrev=office>.

When the request to make a PAS submission goes to the OASIS board, there is a cover letter and other companion material.  The motion at the ODF TC to make the Board request is expected in around 4 weeks.

 - Dennis