tamie message

Subject: follow-up on Use Case #3

We need to wrap-up on Use Case #3.
So far we have:

- UML diagram from Stephen:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tamie/document.php?document_id=31012

- state diagram from Dale (need alignment with UML diag):

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tamie/document.php?document_id=31013

Pending questions and how I see them answered by UML diag and latest discussions:

Q1: (Dale) Then if a Decline was received, the transition is to Stop (it would be to the Failure flavor of Stop in ebBP)

- that is an Order Response Simple document with "reject order" in UML diag. So yes: final state is "Order Rejected"

Q2: (Dale) If a PO Seller Side change request was received, then the Cancellation would be followed by a transition to a new PO request when the POChange Request was accepted by the original Buyer. But I am uncertain what happens when the Buyer Declines to accept the Seller’s proposed PO Change request. I suppose a Cancel would be sent. That means the logical label on the Transition to Failure should be “PurchaseOrderRequestDecline or BusinessFailure” How the Seller is notified of the rejection of the

After an Order Response document with "modified order" in UML diag is received by Client , .there seems to be 3 options for the Client side : changeOrder, cancelOrder, and acceptOrder. So it appears that the original PO may not need be cancelled every time (if teh client sends an OrderChange doc, that automatically voids the original PO?)

Q3: (Dale) PO Change Request is not clear to me from our discussion of UBL supported processes.

- the UML diag does not make this an explicit transaction: just an "Order Response" with a "modified order" in it. Is that always how a change request is expressed?

Q4: Cancellation so far is only from Client side.  Is there a Cancel window possibility even after the Client has accepted an order?

Q5: the "add detail" activity: can it be generalized to better express all cases of order modification? e.g. partial order, substitution, etc.

-jacques