tamie message

Subject: Re: [tamie] Updates on lts xml for input to script compiler, some questions about monitoring for condition guard values...

Dale,

If TaMIE would be the right place for looking at how to create TAG
test assertions
which can be transformed into ETSL (eTSM) scripts then it does look
feasible that
all the suitable information for test assertions can be extracted into TAG test
assertions from an ebBP document.

What that would then mean about conformance? I would say (Jacques' opinion
really needed here to verify this or otherwise)
1. the test assertions would help with conformance testing if we
decide that what
we are testing is 'conformance'
2. the test assertions would equally (perhaps more so) help with
interoperability
testing - if we decide that what we are testing is interoperability
The question then is (I think): Are we aiming to ensure that two implementations
are 1. conformant to an ebBP def (etc) or 2. valid according to an
ebBP def to the
extent required for the implementations of the process to interoperate? Maybe
the answer doesn't affect too much what we are doing though. Maybe we are to
cater for both possibilities (if they are different). This is really
what I'm asking: Is
the use case 'uc3' about conformance to a process (as defined by e.g. an ebBP
definition or other process definition based on labelled state
transitions) or is it
about using an ebBP (or other standard document) to test for all those things
defined by the ebBP which are required for interoperability or something else?
Maybe all three.

Best regards

Steve

--