tamie message

Subject: Re: [tamie] Updates on lts xml for input to script compiler, some questions about monitoring for condition guard values...

I'm still a little in the dark about what aspects of the ebBP's
definition of a process are intended to be tested or monitored
with TaMIE/eTSM. The exercise of thinking what a conformance
profile (perhaps expressed as test assertions) might look like
if the ebBP definition was written as a conformance profile, such
an exercise might help determine what the eTSM script would
have to test. Then it's a mapping exercise to match those eTSM
features to the profile and thence to the ebBP. Then it's a matter
of generalising this, etc.

So: Q1. an ebBP says what about a process? and Q2. which (if not
all) of those things (things=assertions, if you will) is to be of
interest to the script writer/generator?

e.g.
Q1. what assertions does an ebBP definition make about an endpoint, etc
A1.
a) valid events
i) valid documents received - including valid structures, valid
content (e.g indicator content)
ii) valid documents sent
iii) valid signals received
iv) valid signals sent
v) valid events other than documents and signals (e.g. timeouts)
b) valid triggers of an event
c) valid results of an event
d) valid transports for each document or signal (sent/received)
e) valid signatures (for each party, document, etc)
f) valid decisions and decision outcomes
g) valid joins
h) valid parties
i) valid time to performs
j) validity of application of process definition (e.g. prior to expiry
date-time)
k) constraints on security in handling of messages, etc
etc

Q2. for which of these does eTSM intend to provide testing/monitoring?
A2. perhaps at least a) to j) [how much of each?]

Then an exercise might be to write out test assertions for a particular
use case for Q1.

Next step might be to select which of these test assertions apply to Q2:
Which are relevant for testing/monitoring using TaMIE?

e.g.
Id:TA001
target: endpoint A
normative source: process X...
prerequisite: message header denotes process X is being followed
predicate: receives Order, OrderResponse, OrderResponseSimple

This would highlight / pinpoint the precise aspects of the ebBP need
to end up in the eTSM script.

Next step; which bits of the ebBP map to which of those bits of the
script.

Next step generating for this use case

Next step generalising for many use cases

- Steve