tamie message

Subject: Summary of the points to discuss/review on rev 0.7

Summary of the points to discuss/review in current specification draft - based on latest upload (rev0.7):

Editorial Points:
---------------------------

EP1Addition of two "Complete Examples" (E1 and E2 (visible in table of content) to illustrate the language, in middle of the specification. Should some of these go to Appendix?

EP2- reorganized the sections under Section 3 so that the basic algorithimic language features come first (and leading to first "Complete Example" E1). Then come the more advanced constructs (loop) and event catching operations, leading to "Complete Example" E2.

EP3- should we use a more standard notation for the XML language constructs - like RelaxNG?

EP4- The Event Model and Management section (now Section 4) has been reorganized, and new content for 4.1 Event Structure.

EP5- The "Core Language" formerly Section 4, has been moved inside the Conformance section (Section 6)

Technical points:

TP1: Effects: see Section 3.4The "Effect" of  various etsm constructs, and especially 3.4.4 (concurrency semantics).

TP2: Exiting: see Section 3.5: "Exiting"  - See the three questions about Exit semantics (search for "Question#" in the doc). See 3.5.2 (exiting inside a var), and 3.5.3.

TP3: Section 3.12: Time Control section for review - notion of VP-time. Should we add a predefined "datetime" parameter to SCriplet start (<start> and <start-with> to set the virtual present time?

TP4: <execution-context>: Section 3.10.5: (Event Board decl.) - See the Event Board declaration (in the "execution context" element). Also about namespaces: do we need <nms-binding> since we have anyway to declare these in the <script-package> top element?

TP5: <var> typing: - exact meaning of @type="xml"? It allows for embedded etsm statements (etsm:eval) and more. Should it just be untyped? (could have any etsm statement at top level, the added xml being just in-line effect)

TP6: Prototype: Add a line break at the end of each line of generated effect (when executing the generated xsl).

-jacques