tamie message

Subject: Minutes June 3 attached - next meeting June 29

Event Description:
------------------

Tuesday 3pm PT(California time), 3 Jun 2010

Host: Fujitsu

US Toll Free: 877-995-3314

US Toll/International: 210-339-1806

Passcode: 9589308

Agenda:
-------

1. Administration and Status:
- minutes Apr 20.
- NIST demo.
- roadmap for summer deliverables, f2f and August?

2. Review of latest post (rev0.81) of specification:
- general review and follow-up on technical issues (see email 5/27). Particular points of review:
- Editorial Points:
o eTSM -> XTemp, "effect" -> "X-effect".
o use of RelaxNG notation.
o general lge execution semantics section (see new 3.1)
o Event Model and Management section (now Section 4)
o Conformance section defining two profiles (Core and Full)
- Technical Points: see list in 5/27 email.
- voting rev0.81 as a CD (work in progress)?

3. The POC prototype:
- OSS licensing?
- Plans for this summer: demo package, user guide.

Attendees:
----------

- Chuck Morris (Northrop Grumman / CGI)

- Jacques Durand (Fujitsu America)

- Dale Moberg (Axway)

Excused:

- Hyunbo Cho (Pohang Univ., Korea)

Action Items:
-------------

* AI-Apr20-1: [Hyunbo Cho] prepare some Invoice use cases, (including message
material samples) to provide to TaMIE TC as example/requirement material.

* AI-Apr20-2: [Chuck] to assess what are the missing features in the prototype.

* AI-Apr20-3: [jacques] check with Stephen G. his participation prospects.

* AI-Apr20-4: [jacques] investigate use of a RelaxNG validator.

Minutes:
----------

'''1. Administration and Status:'''
- minutes Apr 20.
- NIST demo.
- roadmap for summer deliverables, f2f and August?

JD: approval minutes Apr 20 postponed.
JD: NIST demo: presented XTemp use case on real WS message capture.
It is important we differentiate XTemp from XProc, Use cases are key.
JD: did the fix suggested in TP6 for indentation - it worked.
CM: cannot commit to host F2F at StLouis, and not much travel budget either. Could dial in.
DM: if f2f end summer, Sunnyvale is best option.
JD: will check with Cho if NIST or Sunnyvale OK. We need at least 3 present.

'''2. Review of latest post (rev0.81) of specification:'''
- general review and follow-up on technical issues (see email 5/27). Particular points of review:

JD: presented editorial changes, and remaining tech issues.
CM: RelaxNG definitions OK, but can we validate these defs using  a validator?
JD: on to-do list. But not crtitical for a first complete draft (as we have schema)
CM: X-effect: should that go to a different output stream than "xtemp:message" ?
In other words: differentiate (1) std error stream, (2) std output stream.
JD: So we would have 3 kinds of output: (1) error stream (for messages), (2) for X-effects
and (3) event board.
CM: issue TP5: typing vars as @type="xml" is OK even if they contain an XTemp script,
since what we type is the result. So in that case, it means we expect the XTemp script to
produce a well-formed XML effect.
JD: issue TP1: good reasons for keeping current POC semantics: when exiting,
a scriplet retains the X-effect it already built, addign just the X-effect of teh <exit>
JD: While working on monitoring use case: the concurrency model needs an update. Will send
out proposal.
JD: will peep acting as editor until complete new draft end June.

'''3. The POC prototype:'''
- OSS licensing?
- Plans for this summer: demo package, user guide.

-JD: the prototype needs some more work, in August - will have time to work on it.
-CM: will have little time to work on it.
-JD: would be great if CM has a look at the user-defined functions feature, is it
complete as is.
- JD: The prototype will be part of the demo package, usable with packaged examples
for demos. Must include a light User Guide with key Use cases showing the value: this
is key for understanding of where is the value added.
-CM: Northrop Grumman can help maintain the POC, no major work but bug fixes.
Also OK for open-source licensing.