tamie message

Subject: Meeting Minutes June 29, next meeting Aug 10th

Next meeting to be scheduled soon (for Tuesday Aug 10th, 3pmPT)

-jacques
Event Description:
------------------

Tuesday 3pm PT(California time), 29 Jun 2010

Host: Fujitsu

US Toll Free: 877-995-3314

US Toll/International: 210-339-1806

Passcode: 9589308

Agenda:
-------

1. Administration and Status:
- minutes Jun 3rd.
- when next f2f.

2. Review of latest draft of specification (to be posted):
- general review and follow-up on technical issues (see email 5/27).
- Technical Points: see list in 5/27 email.
- concurrency model.

3. The POC prototype:
- OSS licensing?
- Plans for this summer: demo package, user guide.

Attendees:
----------

- Jacques Durand (Fujitsu America)

- Dale Moberg (Axway)

- Hyunbo Cho (Pohang Univ., Korea)

Excused:

- Chuck Morris (Northrop Grumman / CGI)

Action Items:
-------------

* AI-Apr20-1: [Hyunbo Cho] prepare some Invoice use cases, (including message
material samples) to provide to TaMIE TC as example/requirement material.

* AI-Apr20-3: [jacques] check with Stephen G. his participation prospects.

Minutes:
----------

'''1. Administration and Status:'''
- minutes Jun 3rd.
- when next f2f.

- approval minutes Apr 20 / Jun 3rd: postponed.
- at this time, no plan for F2F: Chuck likely cannot travel. Cho will be in US on and off
(e.g. Austin mid-November). We will focus on implementation aspects during August.
- There might not be enough to justify a F2F: It may make sense to wait for completion of
the demo package to take opportunity to demo it in some event or visit (e.g. NIST) and meet at
that occasion.
- JD: will update 0.83 to add more on our concurrency semantics
(as it appears our management of VP-time is more flexible than in conventional concurrent languages)

'''2. Review of latest draft of specification (to be posted):'''
- general review and follow-up on technical issues (see email 5/27).
- Technical Points: see list in 5/27 email.
- concurrency model.

- JD: posted rev 0.83 that is addressing latest comments.
At this point the "Core Language profile" in Section 5, will be completed by aligning with
the coming XSLT implementation.
- most design issues appear to be addressed. Some remaining details will wait for
insight provided by implementation work.
- correct use of Compact Relax NG notation will need be checked as we use it
in an advanced way (as a substitute to BNF).

'''3. The POC prototype:'''
- OSS licensing?
- Plans for this summer: demo package, user guide.

- JD: I will work on the XSLT prototype this August, and align it further with current spec content.
- DM: will look in August into Scala as implementation candidate e.g. for Monitors.
Scala appears as an interesting implementation language (manages state machines, events).