tamie message

Subject: Detailed points for discussion

More precise items to be discussed today:

1. Specification:

- Should we worry about event posting for V1? (this operation is not designed)
Or should it be specified , just not in "core" lge.
- remove <nms-binding> from execution context because redundant? (need to declare these namespaces in usual form anyway)
- review / complete the "function" design, examples.
- the Event Model and Management section: how much is needed here.

2. Use Cases:

- establishing a small set of canonical use cases, that cover the language capabilities, to be developped in a "user guide".
- 2 of them already in spec appendix.
- 3rd use case is an extension of UC #2 in appendix, but with metrics (avg time...)
- 2 other UC candidates: (a) advanced test report parametrization (X-effect with inline <eval> and more)
(b) a monitoring UC, with loop kicking off a reporting scriplet e.g. every hour.
- is there other valuable UCs we could add?

3. Prototype:

What is missing - or left out of implementation on purpose:
- <sleep>,
- start/@vptset,
- POST: not implemented - (do we want to? needs declaring output event board)
- <match min="" max=""> attributes?
- catch/@datetime (set a different start date)
- bubbling of exit.

Changes (some already done):
- @maxduration -> @tryfor
- identing of output.
- emam, etsm --> xtemp
- @async --> @concurrent

Implementation question:
- all the translator:cursor intermediate outputs could be just not created instead of removed afterward? (debugging purpose?)

-jacques