tamie message

Subject: minutes August 24

Event Description:
------------------

Tuesday 3pm PT(California time), 24 Aug 2010

Host: Fujitsu

US Toll Free: 877-995-3314

US Toll/International: 210-339-1806

Passcode: 9589308

Agenda:
-------

1. Administration and Status:
- approval past minutes Jun 3rd, 29.

2. Current status on specification draft (latest 0.84):
- general review of how technical issues resolved (see email 5/27).
- Event Model (section 4)

3. The POC prototype:
- review of functional subset to be covered (functions? event catch/post? event board(s)?)
- other shortcomings of current prototype.
- concrete plans for upgrades.

Attendees:
----------

- Jacques Durand (Fujitsu America)

- Dale Moberg (Axway)

- Chuck Morris (Northrop Grumman / CGI)

Excused:

- Hyunbo Cho (Pohang Univ., Korea)

Action Items:
-------------

* AI-Apr20-1: [Hyunbo Cho] prepare some Invoice use cases, (including message
material samples) to provide to TaMIE TC as example/requirement material.

* AI-Apr20-3: [jacques] check with Stephen G. his participation prospects.

Minutes:
----------

'''1. Administration and Status:'''

- approval past minutes Jun 3rd, 29: approved.
- F2F: no plans so far.

'''2. Current status on specification draft (latest 0.84):'''

- general review of how technical issues resolved (see email 5/27):
- JD: should we get rid of nms-binding statement, as it duplicates the necessary
regular namespace decl for foreign ns used in inline X-effects?
- CM: yes.
- POST operation? (write-only event board).
- CM: there is a design problem for POST in XSLT 2.0, for writing in a result doc.
Need to write on a separate file (output event board)
- JD: match/@max is ambiguous: does that mean (a) there should be at maximum "n"
occurrences within the @tryfor period, or (b) defines the maximum number of
matching events to select (default = 1) to return a successful evt pattern
(even if more are present during @tryfor period). I tend to favor (a).
- JD: in the specification: still needs to be completed:
(a) functions.
(b) the "core XTemp" conformance profile (subset of full language)
(c) Event management.
- CM: the spec should describe how to implement an event Board that is compliant.
- JD: we may need a 3rd use case in Appendix,
to illustrate Concurrency behavior in 3.10.4. I tested it with our prototype.

'''3. The POC prototype:'''

- review of functional subset to be covered (functions? event catch/post? event board(s)?)
- Chuck: there are 2 phases for code generation:
Ph1: generate with "tags", then Ph2 remove these tags and generate embedded element instead.
- At exec phase: the "cursor" tags are useful in the output trace (removed automatically after)
- catch/@datetime not implemented.
- start/@bubble-exit not implemented.
-JD: are functions implemented?
-CM: yes: usable within XPath - see related use case.
- JD: started to test the prototype on new Use Cases. Holding well.
- JD: will identify a set of Use Cases that could be part of demo package, and developped
in a user guide.