tamie message

Subject: Exit use case: please review

As I am putting together a set of XTemp examples and use cases, I just want to make sure we have a consensus about the Exit semantics in various cases.

Please review the attached script and its expected output, which should be :

>We get here because the exit (1) in subvar only breaks out of the var definition.

>We get here because the exiting from scriplet sub does not escalate beyond it.

>Mainvar: Exit 2

Which I believe reflects the agreement we came up with, about Exit not breaking out of Var definitions.

But the current prototype returns:

>We get here because the exiting from scriplet sub does not escalate beyond it.

>Mainvar: Exit 1

As Exit breaks out of var definitions.

If we agree on the former interpretation, we’ll need to update the prototype (Chuck:  will you have time to do this update? Else I can work on it then double check with you to make sure I did not break something else)

Thanks,

Jacques

<script-package xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; schema-version-id="0.4"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/tamie/xtemp/draft/20090909 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34985/xtemp-0-6-3.xsd";
  xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/tamie/xtemp/draft/20090909";>

<!-- Expected Result (standard output):

     We get here because the exit (1) in subvar only breaks out of the var definition.
     We get here because the exiting from scriplet sub does not escalate beyond it.
     Mainvar: Exit 2

-->
  <scriplet name="main">
    <var name="mainvar">
      <start scriplet="sub"/>
    <message>We get here because the exiting from scriplet sub does not escalate beyond it.</message>
    </var>
  </scriplet>

  <scriplet name="sub">
    <var name="subvar">
      <if expr="true()">
        <exit>Exit 1</exit>
      </if>
      <report>We never get there</report>
    </var>
    <message>We get here because the exit (1) in subvar only breaks out of the var definition.</message>
      <if expr="true()">
        <exit>Exit 2</exit>
      </if>
    <message>We never get here since the exit (2) in scriplet body breaks out of this scriplet.</message>
  </scriplet>
</script-package>