tamie message

Subject: rescheduling meeting

All:

We cancelled meeting last Tue 15th, due to unexpected conflicts.

Proposing to reschedule for Tue 29th – possibly 4pmPT as well if OK.

Important: Tentative agenda will focus on approving the latest specification draft (v 0.93) as a Committee Specification  Draft (CSD).

NOTE: CSD status is not a major commitment from the TC: only a way to show approval of a current (but not final) working draft, as representative of the current TC position, and going in the “right direction”.

To review and discuss in particular:

- separation XTemp semantics/syntax (new sections 3 and 4)

- the proposed terminology “blocking vs non-blocking” invocation (instead of synchronized vs non-synchronized as in F2F) because “synchronized” has an overloaded meaning in Concurrent Programming, and we also introduced with <wait> the possibility to “synchronize” scriplets started concurrently (invoked in non-blocking way).

- Event section (section 5), accommodating ad-hoc XML event formats, and other standards (XES, SAF)

- conformance clause, in particular the “core” conformance level (our XSLT prototype satisfies core+)

Please review, and send feedback on mailing list, especially if you have issues with approving v0.93 as CSD as is.

-Jacques