tamie message

Subject: Minutes from December 13th meeting

Minutes from December 13th meeting. For review.

-jacques

Event Description:
------------------

Tuesday 3pm PT(California time), 13 December 2011

Host: Fujitsu

US Toll Free: 877-995-3314

US Toll/International: 210-339-1806

Passcode: 9589308

Agenda:
-------

1- next step for XTemp, from CS status it has today.
2- what to do with the demo package, e.g. approve the "Primer" (in the use case packages) as a Committee Note.

Attendees:
----------

- Jacques Durand (Fujitsu America)

- Dale Moberg (Axway)

- Hyunbo Cho (Pohang Univ., Korea)

Action Items:
-------------

Minutes:
----------

'''1- next step for XTemp, from CS status it has today'''

- The XTemp V1.0 CSPRD package (specification + schema) has been approved as a Committee Specification (CS)
- The TC Administration will now publish the final Committee Specification on docs.oasis-open.org
and announce it to the OASIS membership. It will let us know when this is ready.
- Jacques: this is the goal we had initially. We may push it further as OASIS standard, but
would feel comfortable doing so only after we have significant implementation initiatives.
And anyway there would be a need for at least 3 "statements of use" which fortunately are not
going to be restricted to only OASIS organizational members, but open to all implementing parties.
For example, the OSS project from Marius Plavan http://code.google.com/p/edtf/ .
- So in short, we need first to wait/promote more implementations, at least at "Core Language"
level of compliance.
- Cho: Would "full conformance" implementations help?
- yes: it is always better if teh set of available implementations cover all the conformance clauses.
So having one at least to be fully conforming would be valuable. (several will just be at "Core" level.)
- Current Implementations: (1) the one from the "demo package" (OSS XSLT translator from Chuck Morris),
(2) one from Marius P. (EDTF project), (3) one from CHo / KorBIT testbed.
- Cho: should we encourage GITB developers to implement XTemp?
- Jacques: it seems easy to at least position XTemp Core level as an analysis lge for message logs
 ("validation" function) if not a dynamic one. So a GITB plug-in implementation is within reach.
That could make for a 4th implementation.

'''2- what to do with the demo package, e.g. approve the "Primer" (in the use case packages) as a Committee Note:'''

- Jacques: once we get the CS URI, the demo package (XSLT translator, use cases scripts, user guide)
will be uploaded as a Google Code project (Mozilla license), that we will refer from our TaMIE TC page.
Then the user guide will be set on a Committee Note track (CN draft).
- Jacques will check again with Chuck Morris.

'''3- Administration:'''

- in maintenance mode, suggest to meet at least once every other month, and more when there is
some specific step to achieve, e.g. with the User Guide / primer to be moved as a CN.