tax-basc message

Subject: Action Item #0000 - Set Priorities For Focus Areas

Greetings,

Attached is a document that contains a simple grid for the BASC Committee
to use to organize and document their thoughts on the identified potential
focus areas in a consistent way.  As we discussed in Amsterdam, this
information could be filled out and reviewed by the committee to determine
our priorities.

For those organizations (jurisdictions) that have more than one member
attached to the committee, we should only need one response since it's
likely that the business drivers and issues would be consistent.  The
accumulated information will be used more for discussion to determine a
path forward than to simply tally a score from the rankings.  Since not all
focus areas may be of interest to each organization, it should not be
necessary to include a description and comments for each line.  Also, some
extra lines have been included to allow the inclusion of any areas that may
not have been identified previously, but may be of some significant
importance.

Ideally, we could discuss the responses to this document during our BASC
conference call on June 18.  To be an effective discussion it would be best
to have the responses posted to the group at least a couple of days in
advance of the call.  Obviously this is a tight timeframe, but whatever
information we can accumulate will be beneficial to the discussion.

Please contact me with any questions

Regards,
John

(See attached file: Focus Area Ranking.doc)

Focus Area Ranking.doc