tax-basc message

Subject: Re: [tax-basc] BASC Conf Call, 18th Dec

All,

Welcome to the Bay Area for our next face-to-face meeting.  The Bay Area is known for the Silicon valley, earthquakes, several interesting sports teams..... and some rusty bridge and a prison or two.  Several flourishing jazz and arts communities can be found around some 30 different cities that connect San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland and one of the best public transport systems in the world.   Surrounded by a varied agricultural landscape, wine country and gentled by fair winds, we are indeed blessed.

The Sofitel on the Bay (650-598-9000) is just of the 101 freeway about 10 miles south of the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) - Brochure is attached.

The address is:
Hotel Sofitel (ACCOR group)
223 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood Shores, Ca
US phone Number: 1-650-598-9000

You can find the information you need and driving directions via the www.YellowPages.com at or here is a map

I have made arrangements for up to 35 reservations under the group name : Oracle Coporation-OASIS-Tax TC.

"Attendees are instructed to phone the reservations department (650-598-9000) prior to cut-off date, January 14, 2004 and refer to the ORACLE CORPORATION-OASIS TAX TC to receive their special rate.  ... A credit card will be required at the time of booking to guarantee the reservation and it is our understanding that individuals will be responsible for payment of all charges.  All individual call-in reservations must be guaranteed to the individual 's credit card or by advance deposit.  All deposits for individual reservations are fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival date.  Should an attendee of the group cancel his or her room less than 24 hours prior to guest's arrival date, one night's room revenue will be charged. This constitutes a no-show reservation and the reservation fee becomes the property of the hotel. "

I will match up the lists with the hotel to see on one has been missed out.
The room rate is:

Room

$ Single Rate

$ Double Rate

Run of House

$ 119

$ 119

 Getting to the conference venue:-

Thursday morning, breakfast in the Oracle Conference Center.  From the hotel, it is a 10 minute walk to Oracle's Conference Center on Oracle Parkway.   The entire area is surrounded by lagoons and waterways.

We will find an interesting place to eat on Wednesday and Thursday night.

The Mistral Restaurant (also 10 minutes walk from Hotel and 5 minute walk from Oracle) has a wine room  that seats 40 with separate entrance, music and bathroom, or an outside covered patio with heaters that looks out o the lagoon opposite the Sofitel.  California fusion is on the menu.

Vivace Ristorante on Ralston Avenue in Belmont is 5 miles away and has a private dining room in back. Menu is Italian.

The Vans has a magnificent view east across the bay on a clear night and is about 5 miles from the hotel also.

Lots of other choices, of course.

NOTE: Breakfast, lunch and other meeting catering is taken care of at the Oracle Conference Center.  The Sofitel has a boulangerie, if you prefer breakfast continental style.

Thanks in advance,
Alex
John.Glaubitz@vertexinc.com wrote:
Greetings,

Here is a suggested agenda for the BASC conference call on Dec. 18 at
4pm Eastern time (9pm GMT).

1.  BASC requirements for external specification review (UBL, OAGIS, SAF).
2.  Review status of existing working documents related to indirect taxes.
4.  Review status of Corporate Income Tax vocabulary.
5.  Expectations for BASC during San Francisco meeting.
6.  Other topics of interest

Please let me know if anyone has any additional suggestions.

The call-in information is:

613-954-9003 for local and international calls and
1-888-265-0903 for all call from USA
Login code is 4911#

Regards,
John