tax-basc message

Subject: Re: [tax-basc] Groups - Initial UBL Business Scenario.doc uploaded

John,

As I look at the proffered process models, dictionaries and related
material, I think focussing on one area is fine as long as we are making
it a part of a total modeling exercise.

Specifically responding to this model:

Is the suggestion that the UBL Business Scenario release 0p70 defining a
'Trading Cycle' process model is a good one for the purposes of
describing the primary context in which Indirect Taxes are levied?   I
would suggest that we also need to handle other extended forms of this
model that for account for movements of goods and assets which may also
attract indirect taxes.

Should we also include in the definition of Indirect taxes, certain
capital and property taxes that would accrue in some circumstances?

Should we address the issue of withholding taxes that occur on services
transactions and on both goods and services payments in certain latin
jurisdictions and the reporting and compliance requirements that these
types of transactions must accommodate?

Alex