tax-comment message

Subject: [tax-comment] Lets rolllll

Like many other internet businesses we are in need of a
comprehensive model of the rates of every type of state
and local tax, together with definitions of the taxable base,
calculation formulas, and geographic footprint and local tax.

As a 25-year veteran in public accounting, including 10 years
in tax I do not subscribe to the idea of waiting for 50 states
to homogenize their taxes.

Rather we should work to create class diagrams in UML
for the various taxes, classification schemes for their names,
rates and taxable bases.

A server should be setup on Internet to provide free lookups
of taxes applicable for particular bases (such as latitude/longitude,
type of goods, etc.)

The service should accept submissions of tax rates and bases
from registered members, and maintain records of the
correctness of each member's submission over a long time.
Thereby, the Internet community will maintain the rates
and classification schemes on a professional reputation
basis.

This will solve the problem in weeks or months,  not years,

Todd
Todd Boyle CPA  9745-128th Ave NE  Kirkland WA
International Accounting Services, LLC  www.gldialtone.com
425-827-3107  editor, AR/AP everywhere  www.arapxml.net
Standards collaboration http://www.gldialtone.com/collab.htm