tax message

Subject: RE: [tax] Sub-committees

Andy (and others: thanks),

I agree with you about the urgency of the OECD "standard". There is also the
work that has been done by the EU with regards to the schema they produced
on e-commerce. Your colleagues from Customs and excise are involved in that.
I do not know if Arnd is "listening" otherwise you and I could make the
contact.
An other urgent subject is the UBL document which is open for review. I read
it, there is Tax in it but I do not know if there are chances here?
Is it possible that some of the other members take a look so that we might
coordinate a comment?

Harm Jan

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Andy Greener [mailto:andy@gid.co.uk]
Verzonden: dinsdag 25 februari 2003 16:12
Aan: tax@lists.oasis-open.org
Onderwerp: Re: [tax] Sub-committees

I'm also happy to go along with Harm-Jan's suggestion.

If you're listening Michael, and in case there's any doubt, I'd like
to participate in the technical SC.

>I agree with Harm's approach. If we start with the sub-committees we
>know for sure that we need, we can always add as needed. To begin with,
>we can have the technical sub-committee look at the OECD work

I think this is a relatively urgent short-term goal - there is a Schema
already in existence for STF (the OECD "standard" transfer format) as
proposed by Arndt, and we should be examining this to see how it might fit
with existing standards such as UBL and ebXML Core Components.

--

Andy Greener                         Mob: +44 7836 331933
GID Ltd, Reading, UK                 Tel: +44 118 956 1248