tax message

Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: [tax] FW: [egov] A report comparing Australian CustomerInformation Standards with the OASIS CIQ Standards

Title:
Andy et al,

Generally I find some support internally for CIQ.  There is already an acid test and that is the Audit file.   Perhaps we could work on mapping CIQ and the audit file?

Alex

Andy Greener wrote:
There's a danger that all three of us will forward this, but as I'm
furthest east I guess I have the best chance of avoiding any contention...

From: "Ram Kumar" <rkumar@msi.com.au>
To: "Sandy Foote" <sandyfoote@footeworks.ca>,
  "'Andy Greener'" <andy@gid.co.uk>, <john.glaubitz@vertexinc.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:16:53 +1100

Hi

CIQ TC is in the liaison committee of UBL TC and for long
has been advocating the use of CIQ standards in UBL. At this
stage, UBL is interested only in addresses.

I am a strong advocate of reuse of standards within OASIS TCs
before OASIS even preaches interoperability to the outside world.
As John said in his earlier mail, CIQ TC has been trying its best
to liaise with any group to reuse its standards. But in most of
the cases, political agenda is the winner against the reality!
Election and Voting Services TC, Human Markup TC, etc reuse CIQ standards.
I hope your TC comes up with a policy to reuse CIQ standards. The CIQ TC is
pretty open for any changes to the standards, suggestions, etc. We
constantly look for feedback.

I do not have permission to post to your TC mailing list. Please
forward this message to your TC mailing list if this message makes sense.

Regards,

Ram Kumar
Chair, OASIS CIQ TC