tax message

Subject: RE: [tax] Groups - OASIS TAX XML TC Agenda for Sept 15-16 V1.1.doc uploaded

John,

You are completely right about the type of deliverables that the TC is
looking for.

The use of specific was more meant to be "clear" deliverables.  We need
to take the longer term view with the necessary deliverables to get
there.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sandy Foote
IT Strategist
Footeworks Inc.
5 Frank St. Unit 402
Ottawa , ON
K2P 0W8
Ph:   (613) 565-3717 ext 111
Fax:  (613) 565-9971
Cel:  (613) 720-5734

-----Original Message-----
From: john.glaubitz@vertexinc.com [mailto:john.glaubitz@vertexinc.com]
Sent: August 20, 2003 1:24 PM
To: sandyfoote@footeworks.ca
Cc: tax@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [tax] Groups - OASIS TAX XML TC Agenda for Sept 15-16
V1.1.doc uploaded

Sandy,

Great work on the agenda.  I have just one question for the group on
deliverables.

The description for the Morning of September 15th at 11:00 refers to
"specific deliverables we want ot produce for the next period".  By
limiting the discussion to the next period (until the next
face-to-face?)
it sounds more like a discussion of short term action items.  My
expectation for this discussion was to gain consensus on the overall
goals
and deliverables of the committee.  For example, is our ultimate
deliverable a set of standardized schemas developed by our committee for
any tax related information that we intend to market for adoption, is
our
deliverable enhanced schemas from other standards organizations such as
UBL, XBRL, OAGIS, etc. with tax specific extensions, is it to provide
well
articulated doumentation of tax information requirements that could be
applied to schema development such that our organization may include a
certification role, is it all of the above or is it something else
entirely?  Once we determine the answer to this question we can
determine
the specific deliverables we'll need to produce as end products.  I may
be
way off base here, so please let me know if this was not the intention.
On
the other hand, I think it would be a good idea to answer this question.

Thanks
John

John Glaubitz
Vertex Inc.
+1 484 595-5877

                      sandyfoote@footew

                      orks.ca                  To:
tax@lists.oasis-open.org

                                               cc:

                      08/20/2003 06:48         Subject:  [tax] Groups -
OASIS TAX XML TC Agenda for Sept 15-16 V1.1.doc uploaded
                      AM

The document OASIS TAX XML TC Agenda for Sept 15-16 V1.1.doc has been
submitted by Alexander Foote (sandyfoote@footeworks.ca) to the OASIS Tax
XML TC document repository.

Document Description:
Agenda for the Tax XML TC meeting in Toronto September 15 and 16, 2003.

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tax/download.php/3208/OASIS
%20TAX%20XML%20TC%20Agenda%20for%20Sept%2015-16%20V1.1.doc

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tax/document.php?document_i
d=3208

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

-OASIS Open Administration

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tax/members/leave_workgroup
.php

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tax/members/leave_workgroup
.php

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses]