tax message

Subject: RE: [chairs] changes in operation of TCs

Karl,

As relatively new chair I am hesitating to join this type of discussions.
Looking as this new rules I see that some organisations can have more rules
than government where I work for.
I can imagine that these kind of rules work for some committees but not for
mine. We have some very busy government and industry officials in our TC and
I certainly do not want to push them out with rules like the one about
coming to late or leaving to early. I am glad with the participation since
especially government bodies have also other organisations in which they
could discuss. In my case OECD!.  Working within the OASIS community I
consider important.
It could be helpful to use this rules when some members dysfunction.
I'm am most certainly not applying this rules strict. I hope to keep it as
long as we can with common courtesy not to come to late and so on.
Up till now I fill in the attendance list after the meeting. If it appears
that we did not reach the quorum: to bad. By the way up till now we always
got the quorum! Perhaps because our TC is small but also because we respect
that we contribute to our possibilities.

Harm Jan van Burg
Netherlands Tax and Customs administration
Chair Tax-xml TC