tax message

Subject: IR CT Tax Comp Taxonomy

As promised during yesterday's tel-conf I've just posted v1.2 of
the IR CT Computation Taxonomy distribution to the documents area
of the TASC. This is a little out of date now, and we're expecting
a newer version with a further 1500-2000(!) items in the next month
or so.

As well as the XBRL Taxonomy in all its glory* (Schema plus supporting
Linkbases) there is very useful documentation in the form of an
animated web page which allows one to navigate the hierarchy (should
work in most browsers), and the Excel spreadsheet that was used
originally to develop the Taxonomy.

*[my fingers typed "gory" first time around... ;-)]

The first thing you will notice is the redundant hierarchy information
in the Taxonomy item names themselves - this is an artefact of the
Taxonomy development process and leads to some extremely verbose item
names - these will be shortened and sanitised in due course. The
Definition Linkbase is the right place to express hierarchy.

Despite it's name, and in the absence of a UK GAAP Taxonomy, the Comp
Taxonomy incorporates pretty much all of the items that would appear
in a GAAP. When UK GAAP is released in the next few months we will be
able to reduce the size of the Comp Taxonomy significantly and make it
what is should have been all along - an extension Taxonomy to UK GAAP.
At the moment it is a monolith incorporating (the IR view of) UK GAAP
and the additional items necessary for a Tax Computation document.

I trust BASC members will find this useful in trying to build an
international vocabulary. Please contact me if any of the terms or
abbreviations are unclear (the label Linkbase may help if you're
unsure).

	Andy
--

Andy Greener                         Mob: +44 7836 331933
GID Ltd, Reading, UK                 Tel: +44 118 956 1248