tax message

Subject: RE: [tax] Comments on XML Position Paper

As you all probably know, in the Netherlands we have an XML audit file, as
specified by the Belastingdienst.  As an audit firm we have incorporated
this audit file in our audit activities with the use of an specific audit
softwaretool.

We want to stay close -for all the obvious reasons- to the developments of
standards and we have compared the properties of XBRL and the XML audit
file. In my opinion the right comparison is on the XBRL GL taxonomy level,
which differs from XBRL financial reporting, in particular in the details
provided.

Regards,

 _____________________________

 Marc van Hilvoorde

 PricewaterhouseCoopers

 Global Risk Management Solutions

                      George Farkas
                      <gfarkas@xbisoftwa       To: Lutes Terence H <Terence.H.Lutes@irs.gov>, Philip Allen
                      re.com>                    <plega-oasis@decisionsoft.com>, tax@lists.oasis-open.org
                      12-03-2004 16:01         cc: Eric E Cohen/US/ABAS/PwC@Americas-US

I agree that one ought to be careful, but the discussion ignores XBRL GL.

XBRL GL (and Eric Cohen is the expert here) enables the tax world to get
the information it needs at a far more granular level than XBRL financial
reporting. If we ignore XBRL GL, we are ignoring some of the best
standardized ways of obtaining the tax information that is required. IMHO,
if my limited knowledge of XBRL GL is correct,  XBRL GL can provide the
reports of the transactions as is needed.

Disclosure: As Chair of XBRL Canada, I may be biased in that direction.

George Farkas
President, XBI Software Inc
Chair, XBRL Canada