tax message

Subject: RE: [tax] Comments on XML Position Paper from IRS

Title: Message
Attached are two files w/ comments from Mitre and the IRS' Enterprise Data Management Group that runs the IRS XML user group.

_______________________

Susan L. Smoter
Director, Internet Development Services
Electronic Tax Administration
(202) 283-4881

-----Original Message-----
From: George Farkas [mailto:gfarkas@xbisoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 10:59 AM
To: tax@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: eric.e.cohen@us.pwc.com
Subject: RE: [tax] Comments on XML Position Paper

You are right that there is a great deal of tax data that is non-corporate in nature. But I am not sure that is relevant. The standard is content-independent and taxonomies can be built to work with that data as well. There may be data that neither XBRL "view reporting" (Eric's term) nor XBRL GL cannot handle, but I have not yet seen it. (As an aside, my first attempt at creating a taxonomy was for Canadian personal income tax returns.)

Cheers,

George Farkas
XBI Software Inc.
gfarkas@xbisoftware.com